Pool Cleaning & Maintenance Service In Tampa
If you have the time and interest, you can opt to clean your pool on your own. Keep in mind, though, that pool cleaning is not as simple as removing dead leaves and branches. If you go the DIY route, you have to learn how to do it properly and familiarize yourself with the needed equipment and chemicals. You also have to shell out an initial investment for the right tools, equipment, chemicals and others.
Hiring a professional pool cleaning company can save you from all that. For a reasonable fee, you can let the experts do the work, which often takes no more than 20 to 30 minutes. And when you work with GPS Pools, you get the assurance that everything is done correctly and efficiently.
Check and Balance Chemicals
Cleaning the pool includes disinfecting. Your pool needs the right amount of disinfectant and a safe pH level at all times. A pH level that’s too high can prevent the disinfectant from working effectively, while one that’s too low can lead to corrosion of the pool’s metal parts and scaling of the pool surface and equipment. Sodium bicarbonate and certain acids are typically used to maintain the water’s pH level.
GPS Pools provides comprehensive pool chemical balancing. Our technician will thoroughly test your pool’s water chemistry and add the necessary chemicals to keep it balanced. This includes checking and balancing alkalinity, calcium, chlorine or bromine, and pH levels.
Swimming Pool Maintenance Service
Maintaining your pool involves several processes, including:
- Skimming. This involves removing leaves, branches and other debris from the pool’s surface using a rake or net attached to a pool pole. An automated skimmer can do the work more quickly and efficiently. Vacuuming is also done to remove dirt on the pool floor.
- Brush walls. The tiles are scrubbed with a brush or other tools with a rough surface, using a special cleaning formulation.
- Check equipment. Your pool pump and motor always have to be in top condition to ensure sanitation and safety. The pump and motor have to be cleaned at least every two weeks or as needed. Pool heaters can generally go for as long as a year or more without professional servicing. However, they need to be regularly inspected.
- Empty pump and skimmer basket. Pumps come with a debris basket or trapper, which has to be cleaned out to prevent clogging. The skimmers act as your pool’s primary line of defense against dirt, removing as much of it as possible before it settles to the floor. The skimmer baskets must be cleaned out at least once a week to prevent clogging.
- Filter cleaning. Inspection of filter and cleaning every two weeks minimum for proper filtration and sanitation.
Optional Pool Services
If you decide to clean your own pool, we at GPS Pools can help you find the right materials and equipment and instruct you on how to use them properly. If you wish to have your pool cleaned by professionals, we are the team to call. GPS Pools can also provide other cleaning and maintenance services, including:
- Filter media and liner replacements
- Motor replacement and repair
- Surface and tile repairs
Full Service Pool Cleaning Company
If you decide to clean your own pool, we at GPS Pools can help you find the right materials and equipment and instruct you on how to use them properly. If you wish to have your pool cleaned by professionals, we are the team to call. GPS Pools is your best choice for your pool cleaning and maintenance needs – and we provide the best value for your money!